Niersgrünzug is a strip of countryside running for about 22 km alongside the River Nier between the area’s two historic castles, and it makes a great cycling trip for the whole family which can easily be combined with a visit to the museum at Schloss Rheydt. Afterwards the kids can let off steam in the fantastic children’s play area which includes a climbing net, triple horizontal bars, a football pitch and a roller-skating rink.
Access points to the Niersgrünzug include
- Schloss Rheydt, Ritterstraße 508 (park at Schloss Rheydt)
- Zoppenbroicher Straße (park at Zoppenbroicher Park)
- Beller Park, Einruhrstraße (park at the sports ground)
- Schloss Wickrath (car park access via Neukircher Weg and Saarhof)
- Auf dem Damm (park at Schlossbad Niederrhein)